May 11, 2013 11:24 AM
In a conversation with Amandica, she asked if “LOL” annoys me. “Annoy” is a bit strong, but I am not really a fan. I prefer a more expressive online laugh. I proceeded to describe my various online laughs, then I decided that this would make a good post. This is the internet, after all, and laughter is serious business here.
- Minorly funny, but not an out-loud laugh. Alternately, it can be a bit sarcastic, e.g. “Ha. No.”
- See ha.
- Funny and sometimes an out-loud chuckle.
- Halfway between funny and quite funny.
- Quite funny and definitely an out-loud laugh.
- hahahaha (or longer):
- Hysterically funny and out-loud laughing for several seconds. Use multiple lines of these if you are uncontrollably laughing for quite some time.
- See hahahaha.
- mua ha ha ha:
- Not funny, but being sinister. Should definitely be out loud for full effect.
All of these can be used in CAPS to add a little more “oomph” as necessary.
What are your online laughs like?
Previous: The Long Web Haul