- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- 2 × 15 oz cans great northern beans (or navy beans)
- 15 oz can of hominy (or white corn)
- 1.25 oz envelope of taco seasoning
- 4.5 oz can of chopped green chilies
- 10.75 oz can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 14 oz can of chicken broth
- 0.5 cup of sour cream
- chopped green onion (optional)
- monterey jack cheese (optional)
Place chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker. Top with beans and corn. In a medium bowl, combine taco seasoning, chilies, condensed soup, and chicken broth. Pour over top of ingredients in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Before serving, stir gently to break up chicken, then stir in the sour cream. Serve topped with green onions and jack cheese, if desired.
The original recipe says to cook 8 to 10 hours, but I've always found it ready earlier, so I listed a shorter cooking time. I will often drain the hominy, too, so it’s less soupy. Sometimes I will serve it over rice.