Version 1.1.3 of the Webmention for ProcessWire module is released.
Webmention is a web standard that enables conversations across the web, a powerful building block that is used for a growing federated network of comments, likes, reposts, and other rich interactions across the decentralized social web.
When you link to a website, you can send it a Webmention to notify it. If it supports Webmentions, then that website may display your post as a comment, like, or other response, and presto, you’re having a conversation from one site to another!
Updates in this version:
- Fixed fatal error on install (thanks Jason Huck!)
- Improved validation of source, target, and vouch parameters
- Enabled sending webmentions to links that have been removed from a post
- Added hookable methods for image caching
- Fixed handling of HTTP 410 Gone responses
This works on version 2.6, 2.7, and 2.8. It does not work on on 3.x yet, but I will be tackling that soon.
If you’re using this module, I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to send webmentions to this post!