@atmlutter It was great meeting you this weekend! I didn't realize until last night that you were from Toronto. Maybe you and @jackjamieson could start up a Toronto #indieweb meetup? :)
Hi, Jeannie! I wanted to echo Manton that you don't need to be a developer but having a co-organizer definitely helps. It's all about getting together to learn and help each other; don't have to be an expert!
You might reach out to @jonathanprozzi on Twitter who used to co-organize Baltimore.
Want to read: Flight Behavior by (ISBN 9780062124265)
Hello, IndieWeb Summit 2019. This is a top secret note!
Trying to follow Malcolm's IndieWeb Planet.
Here is the playlist I made for IndieWeb Summit 2019:
- “Awake”, Tycho
- “Me the Machine”, Imogen Heap
- “Shout”, Scandroid
- “Computer Love”, Kraftwerk
- “Light On”, Maggie Rogers
- “Joy Rides”, MUTEMATH
- “A Praise Chorus”, Jimmy Eat World
- “Never Ending Circles”, CHVRCHES
- “I Really Like You”, Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Interweb”, Poppy Computer
- “Laugh It Off”, Chelsea Jade
- “Of the Night”, Bastille
- “The Grid (Remixed by the Crystal Method)”, Daft Punk
Edit: you can listen to this playlist on YouTube Music. No subscription necessary, though you will hear some ads between songs.
Yes. It was a ray of sunshine in dark times.
Britain is great. England is just okay.
Want to read: Entangled Empathy: An Alternative Ethic for Our Relationships with Animals by (ISBN 9781590564875)
The United States is operating concentration camps.
No, that is not hyperbole. No, that does not water down the term. I recommend this article about the history of concentration camps: https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2019/06/21/some-suburb-of-hell-americas-new-concentration-camp-system/
I have been really disheartened this week. I am trying not to get bogged down, though, and to do something productive to help. Here are some ideas:
- Call your representatives. @resistbot on Twitter makes it easy to call or send letters.
- Donate to RAICES, a non-profit offering legal services focusing on under-served immigrant children, families, and refugees. Any amount helps! Search Twitter for “RAICES match” and see if anyone is matching donations. Here is one person I saw doing that today: https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status/1142463637426253824
- If you are near one of the camps, join a protest on July 12
- Take action against ICE profiteers July 8-12th
- Spread the word. Share other ideas and resources!
Though YMMV with that - people have run into some 500 errors. I think we are moving away from that on indiewebify.me in favor of using Telegraph (and maybe webmention.app, too!)
Currently reading: The Gospel of Inclusion by (ISBN 9781532676093)